Riverside Convention Center Covid Response
Getting back to business
The Riverside Convention Center has made your safety our business. As part of a comprehensive reopening strategy, we have initiated detailed health and safety programs under the guidance of Riverside County Department of Public Health and State of California Public Health. Enforced daily policies now include social distancing, mandatory properly worn face masks as well as more stringent hygiene and disinfecting procedures.
We are proud to announce we are the recipient of GBAC (Global Biorisk Advisory Council) Star Facility accreditation. The center now boosts five GBAC certified Technicians and that number will grow; all with an emphasis on SARS-CoV2/COVID 19. CVB’S partner, the Hyatt Place Downtown Riverside has accompanied us in earning their certification. Riverside Marriott along with our other partner hotels are either in the process or are considering adoption of the program.
About GBAC, a Division of ISSA
Composed of international leaders in the field of microbial-pathogenic threat analysis, mitigation, response, and recovery, the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a Division of ISSA, provides training, guidance, accreditation, certification, crisis management assistance, and leadership to government, commercial and private entities looking to mitigate, quickly address, and/or recover from biological threats and real-time crises. The organization’s services include biorisk management program assessment and training, Forensic Restoration® response and remediation, the GBAC STAR™ facility accreditation program, training and certification of individuals, and consulting for building owners and facility managers. For more information, visit www.gbac.org.
With more than 9,300 members—including distributors, manufacturers, manufacturer representatives, wholesalers, building service contractors, in-house service providers, residential cleaners, and associated service members—ISSA is the world’s leading trade association for the cleaning industry. The association is committed to changing the way the world views cleaning by providing its members with the business tools they need to promote cleaning as an investment in human health, the environment, and an improved bottom line. Headquartered in Northbrook, Ill., USA, the association has regional offices in Mainz, Germany; Whitby, Canada; Parramatta, Australia; Seoul, South Korea; and Shanghai, China. For more information about ISSA, visit www.issa.com or call 800-225-4772 (North America) or 847-982- 0800.
Overall, we have and will continue to work diligently with our clients and partners in accordance with the National COVID-19 Safe Workplace Principals, the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Our continuing efforts will assure proper airflow and ventilation, extensive venue disinfectant cleaning and hygiene, temperature checks, physical distancing, sanitizing stations and contactless transactions well into the future. Below are some highlights of what you can expect. We look forward to seeing you soon.
- Trained and Welcoming parking team offering cashless payment systems.
- Guests will be greeted with informational and safety signage regarding the venue.
- Entry Queuing practicing social distancing.
- Temperature Screening and Mask Recognition Software at Entrances (Face Masks are Required)
- Contactless hand sanitizing stations at all entry points
- No-Contact Entry Doors
- Staff Support ensuring safe and controlled flow of guests throughout the facility
In Building Services
- COVID-19 Health and Safety Signage Throughout the venue.
- COVID-19 safety materials provided to all clients and attendees.
- Contactless hand sanitizing stations located in all public space, function rooms, and restroom entrances.
- Plexiglass Shields Installed where appropriate.
- Stanchions with Contactless hand sanitizing stations for line management
- Social Distancing floor stickers denoting direction of travel.
- Increased fresh air intake through HVAC management and installation of MERV13 filtration.
- Electrostatic Cleaning Technology
- Social Distancing Event Diagrams and Planning Assistance
- Planning assistance with Contract Tracing requirements
- Capacity monitoring and support upon request
- Food and Beverage Service Modifications offering plated service, buffet service (pre-packaged and boxed items only at this time), breaks.
- Audio/Visual Services and Sanitation of all equipment
- Five Executive Team members are certified GBAC Trained Technicians with emphasis on COVID-19.
- All team members trained in GBAC based principles for outbreak prevention, response, and recovery.
- Mandatory Safety and Sanitation meetings
- PPE provided to all team members.
- Contactless Entry Doors
- Contactless hand sanitizing stations at all entry points, public spaces, function rooms, restrooms
- Touchless faucets, restroom fixtures and hand towels
- High touch areas such as elevators, escalators, handrails, door handles and fixtures and disinfected at regular intervals.
- Queuing and Social Distancing
- Limited Capacity in Elevators and Restrooms
- Reduced Capacities and Social Distancing in public and event spaces
- Electrostatic Technology
- HVAC and Filtration Enhancements
- Extensive Team Member Training
- Use of Cleaning and Maintenance Software to ensure regular and frequent sanitization, response to urgent cleaning requests and preventative maintenance on all equipment.